Classical Art Academy
The Classical Art Academy's mission is to enable the student to benefit from the artistic techniques of Ancient Greece and the Renaissance. We believe that the learning process undertaken by the old masters is relevant to artists of any ability. Following the same journey taken by Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt we develop skills and abilities that form the art we want to create.
“As my first experience of oil painting since school, I found this course really accessible and was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and hands on support that I received. It’s reignited my passion for painting and playing with colours. Learning with a group is a real joy and added to the fun of the experience.”
Claire Burgess - student
CAA offers classes and courses to students of all abilities. Having a learning model that is both flexible and accessible to anyone wanting to learn to be a competent artist is at the heart of our school.
The key features which make the Atelier teaching method so unique and successful are:
- One~to~one guidance so anyone can achieve a really high level of skill.
- A focus on teaching classical principles of proportion, line and mass along with composition, colour and mediums etc to make sure your picture looks just right.
- Careful development of master painting and drawing techniques which can produce a picture you'll be proud to put on your wall.
- Taking time to allow your visual awareness to blossom.
- A mutually supportive community of like minded students.
- A deep satisfaction in your personal achievement.
Situated just two minutes walk away from the beautiful beaches of Southbourne, our students participate in a shared creative environment. Together we improve our artistic abilities, stretch our talents and enjoy each other's company.
Our atelier equips artists with techniques which are as essential today as they were hundreds of years ago. The recent resurgence of representational painting testifies to their timeless quality and permanent relevance. You too can acquire these fundamental aesthetic skills. Enrol on one of our courses and join our community of artists.