Terms & Conditions
Classical Art Academy
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION
- There is no application process to attend our academy; simply book the programme/course you wish to attend. Places are given on a ‘first come first served’ basis. You are not required to have any former art experience or qualifications.
- Booking is open to everyone over 16 years of age. We also have a junior academy programme for 10 - 16 year olds. This follows the same curriculum and will require the student to attend a taster session first to assess their maturity in the studio, as a health and safety precaution. An adult will be required to attend with them for this initial session.
- Classical Art Academy is unable to assist with visa applications. For information please visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk/e
PAYMENT AND ADDITIONAL COSTS
- All places on our courses and in our classes require payment in full at the time of booking. However we are happy to take a deposit for courses booked for 2 months or more in advance. If you are making an advance booking and wish to pay in full immediately, a non - refundable deposit of £100 is required with the remaining balance payable at least two weeks prior to the start of a course.
- Payment can be made to Classical Art Academy by bank transfer, cash or you can pay by credit/debit card. Card payments can be made via the website, over the phone or in the studio.
- All payments must be made in pounds sterling.
- Students must supply their own materials unless otherwise specified, but we retail all required materials for the courses and classes we teach.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND CLASS ADJUSTMENTS
- Any cancellation or request for adjustment in scheduling must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A refund is only given if your course is cancelled or the dates are changed by us. In those circumstances, we will initially offer you an alternative or voucher but we are also happy to pay you a full refund if your prefer. We do not offer a refund If you cancel your place except in unusual circumstances and this will be at our discretion. We are happy to offer you an alternative date or course where possible if we have up to seven days' notice before the start date of a course.
- Classical Art Academy uses natural light to work and runs courses working outdoors. Due to the natural unpredictability of British weather we reserve the right to make appropriate changes to the class timetable and content.
- Classical Art Academy only uses professional life models who have been vetted by industry model agencies like the Register of Artist Models (RAM), for figurative and nude work. For our portrait classes we also use a wide range of non - professional sitters, which supports us to offer you a very wide range of studies. Model substitutions may sometimes be necessary. We will always do our best to avoid the late arrival or non - attendance of models, but cannot be held responsible for them.
- Our Atelier Modules offer a flexible study programme. We will agree your dates with you at the time of booking. If you need to change these dates, please give us a minimum of 48 hours' notice, so we can swap or reschedule a class. We are happy to change up to 3 out of 10 classes. If you do not turn up for a class or give us less than 48 hours we will not be able to replace this class.
- To change, cancel or reschedule a module class please call Rachel on 07725 043503 or email email@example.com
- Without the prior consent from the tutor, courses may not be recorded in anyway. This includes photography, iphone etc.
- Mobile phones are to be switched off or silent during class time.
- Students are responsible for cleaning their own workstations.
- Wet paintings and drawings are to be taken home at the end of each session. However we are happy to make some special arrangements to leave work in the studio on occasion, with advance notice. Any work unclaimed after left past the end of December each year will unfortunately have to be disposed of or re-used.
- Smoking (including electric devices) is not permitted in the studio or anywhere within premises, including car park.
- The use of fixative spray is not allowed in the studio. Please do so outside.
- Students are responsible for their personal property whilst onsite. Classical Art Academy will not be held responsible for damage to or loss of equipment or property.
- Only Classical Art Academy staff are allowed to handle plaster casts.
- We fully embrace diversity and equality in our studio and welcome students of all races, cultures, genders, sexual orientations and political views. We will always strive to include people of all disabilities, but due to the small nature of our family business we are not in the position to offer specialist support or equipment.
We require all students to be respectful of each other and abide by our inclusive ethos. We have a zero tolerance of any offensive behaviour towards other students or ourselves and retain the right of refusal to teach anyone we feel is disruptive of our classes or courses, in which case a refund will NOT be permitted.
YOUR DATA SAFETY
The Classical Art Academy take the responsibility of holding your data very seriously. We believe you have the right to know that your data is safe and that we respect you are the owner of your own data. We have ensured our business is DGPR compliant and that any third party provider that we operate with (for example our website provider) is also DGPR compliant. This is an ongoing promise.
- We only collect the basic data information required, for example name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Your learning journey is also recorded. For example, which modules and studies you have completed.
- Our banking and accounting records may also have your name, amount of funds paid and what products you have purchased. These records must be kept for 7 years to meet HMRC legal requirements.
- With the exception of the HMRC laws, we will only keep your data during the time you are studying with us and the following 2 years. This is to ensure the ease of your re-engagement, should you take a break in learning.
- All our IT equipment is password protected.
- Any paper records are filed and locked away when not in use.
- All staff, work experience students and volunteers and inducted with training around our data safety procedures.
- We will ask all students and enquiries to opt into our mailing list. To unsubscribe at a later date, simply click the link at the bottom of the circular emails. Our mailing list is for our own use and not shared. We sometimes use third party mailing list template companies like Mailchimp who are also DGPR complaint.
- We have made every effort to ensure our website is accurate and up to date, but we reserve the right to update or change any information regarding scheduling, fees, lecturers and content.
- All of the content on the website is owned by or licensed to Classical Art Academy unless otherwise specified.
- In respect of your privacy Classical Art Academy will not make any of your information available to third parties unless legally required to do so.
- We often take photos/videos of students and their work during courses, classes and student exhibitions for the sole use by ourselves on our website, social media and marketing. Your content will be requested at the point on joining and you are under no obligation to consent.
- We take all reasonable measures to protect the images we use on our website and marketing, however we cannot be held responsible for any misuse of our images by third parties (a very rare event). In these circumstances we will contact the third party and request they stop the use of our image with immediate effect. Any students affected will be notified.
These offers cannot be used simultaneously with any other current offer. All classes and courses must be attended within 12 months from date of purchase. If a materials bundle offer item is out of stock we will replace it with another item of similar price or forward it at a later date.
We truly hope you will not have any complaints. We are committed to giving you a rewarding learning experience, and welcome any conversations and feedback that can help us to provide this. However things can happen from time to time that you may wish to inform us about or discuss. The first thing we ask is that you give us the opportunity to put it right as soon as possible, if we don’t know about it, we can’t sort it out for you. We will always seek to resolve the complaint in a timely and quick manner.